Romax Technology is the world’s leading B2B provider of simulation technologies, design expertise and consulting for gearbox and driveline systems. Founded in China, the Nottingham based company sell products and services primarily to the wind energy and automotive industries from twelve offices across America, Europe and Asia.
Having spent almost two years at EvoEnergy in a graduate position I decided it was time to move on, and was quickly approached by Romax Technology who asked to join their marketing team. The role was centered around leading their global digital strategy, implementing channels such as search, email, website management and content distribution for all twelve marketplaces. Many of these channels had not been used before, and the website was in need of a complete overhaul.
- Managing the organisation’s global digital marketing strategy and online presence
- Designing, developing and launching the company’s corporate website
- Regulating various pay-per-click campaigns and bidding strategies
- Maintaining high search engine result positions through SEO and content marketing
- Producing optimised email campaigns and directing the email marketing strategy
- Engaging with audiences through various social media platforms
- Administrating marketing automation software and integrated new lead lifecycle processes
- Increasing total lead acquisitions from approximately 10 to 130 per month
- Achieving a 77% rise in page views within twelve months of launching the new website
- Delivering 1,000+ visitors per week from paid ads whilst maintaining a cost per lead of <£40
- Growing organic traffic by approximately 166% over twelve months
- Developing over 100 email campaigns, with an average click-through rate of roughly 6%
- Launching a social media strategy, with 10% of subscribers visiting the site each month
It was during my time at Romax that I got my first real opportunity to excel in a leadership role. Managing a digital marketing associate as well as marketing assistants from Asia, Europe and the USA I was able to help build a small team which could apply a global digital strategy in their local marketplaces. There was also a close partnership with PR and offline marketing executives within the team.
With marketing automation big business in many B2B verticals, I undertook the task of implementing a full marketing automation solution, working closely with the sales team to ensure a seamless customer journey. Marketo, the solution of choice, required intergration into the web platform and a twelve-month learning program in order to ensure the entire business benefited from new lead lifecycle processes.
Search & content
Content within the engineering vertical focused largely around knowledge share. This lended itself to both on-demand and live webinars, as well as events across the globe. Using email and search as primary communication methods, these webinars were marketed to numerous leads using marketing automation. Additionally, the web platform was used to promote events, increasing attendees significantly.
When first joining Romax an initial digital audit revealed that the website was not fit for purpose and was hampering any digital marketing efforts from returning a positive ROI. After having a business-case signed off by the CEO for a new website, a new platform was implemented. Within 12 months of launch the website was generating over 130 leads per month (up from 10 prior to launch).